Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Landscape and Cityscape photography

What is the difference between landscape and cityscape photography?
Landscape shows land such as trees, grass, water, and plants. It doesn’t show building me or man made features. Cityscape shows urban areas, buildings, statues, man made structures, etc.

What is panorama/panoramic photography?
It is a type of photography that uses software to show things horizontally long. It is a wider format.

What is golden hour?
It is after sunrise or before sunset. It is when daylight is softer than usual.

What is blue hour?
It is when the sun is below the horizon. The indirect sunlight takes on a blue hue. It occurs in the morning and evening.

5 helpful hints when shooting landscape photography
1. Create depth
2. Use water as a mirror
3. Capture movement
4. Use wide angled lens
5. Use the rule of thirds
https://www.exposureguide.com/landscape-photography-tips/
I chose this picture because I love the ocean and I like how the photographer made it look like it was mythical. The photographer most likely took the image at a somewhat lower level. It is night time, and the weather is cloudy and stormy. The angle of the photograph is straight on and panoramic was not used. The leading lines are the foam lines the ocean created and the focal point is the mountain in the back. The rule of thirds is split by rows. The ocean gets 2/3 and the mountain 1/3.

5 helpful hints when shooting cityscape
1. Look for reflections
2. Use a tripod
3. Pay attention to lighting
4. Get to heavily trafficked areas
5. Manual focus is good
https://alphauniverse.com/stories/11-tips-for-capturing-amazing-cityscapes/

I chose this picture because I love big cities and I like how it is angled. The photographer probably went to a big city and took a picture from a low angle in the middle of traffic. It is night time and the weather is clear.  The angle is low. It is not panoramic, and some leading lines are the blurred lines of cars driving and the top of the wall the buildings make. The focal point is the bright building in the middle. The picture is split into columns for  rule of thirds.

Where did you go to capture this photo?
About an hour north.  

What was your focal point?
The water

What time of day? 
Around 8pm 

From what angle? 
Straight on. 

What was the weather?
It was clear and cold. 

Did you use panoramic mode?  Why or why not?
No because I thought that the land on either side might ruin the picture.

Where/How did you utilize leading lines/rule of thirds/blue hour/golden hour/etc? 
I used golden hour to make the picture more calm. 

Where did you go to capture this photo? 
Kentucky

What was your focal point?
The building on the right

What time of day?  
Around 2pm.

From what angle?  
Straight on.

What was the weather? 
Gloomy and raining.

Did you use panoramic mode?  Why or why not?
No because I would have gotten the enclosed bridge and people in my shot and if I got closer to the window I would have gotten parts of the beams. I like this shot with the beams, but I wish that I centered it more.

Where/How did you utilize leading lines/rule of thirds/blue hour/golden hour/etc? 
I used rule of thirds by putting the buildings on the left in 1/3, the road in the middle 1/3, and the big building on the right in the other 1/3. I also used the bridge's beams as leading lines. They make the viewer's eyes travel down to the city buildings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment