Monday, March 18, 2019

Abstract Photography

Thomas Ruff shot this.
This photo is abstract because what it shows makes the viewer not be able to automatically associate it with the object world. I think the photographer put his camera up against a fence or metal gate and shot that and the greenery on the other side. I chose this photo because I think it is pretty and calming.
5 helpful hints on shooting abstract photography:
  1. Always keep your eyes open for lines and curves
  2. Take pictures through other objects
  3. Use a flashlight for better lighting
  4. Look for textures and patterns
  5. If it catches your attention, take a picture!



Cosmo


bubbly mess
Which is your favorite photo and why? 
The one titled Cosmo. I really like it because it reminds me of space and the wonder that comes with it.

What are some of our photography techniques we've learned that you used to capture the abstract photo? 
I got close and tilted the camera to give it a cool new angle.

What makes the composition strong? 
The dark colors with the few bright splashed really draws the viewer in and lets them decide what they want to see.

Is abstract photography something you might pursue in the future?
I do not think I am good at it so I would say no it is not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment